Yesterday, I drove the truck over to the bunkhouse to unload it.
The new toilet and four cases of water that were stored and three older ones brought back to the house.
A dozen cinder blocks stacked neatly outside the storeroom.
I checked the old toilet in the bunkhouse bathroom, and the bowl had a very disgusting amount of water, and the tank as well. I decided to flush it, seeing that I was going to replace it…
Imagine my surprise when the tank started to fill after the flush. I almost rubbed my eyes in disbelief as I reached up to the sink to check the water…both faucets worked, albeit the hot water pressure decreased to a trickle after a moment, there was still water.
I reached around the toilet to shut off the supply valve, and was rewarded with a spray and whoosh of water gushing out, so I left it wide open.
I am still shaking my head now as I go outside to the main shutoff valves to the bunkhouse and irrigation. (Remember I agonized over replacing the busted pipe at which there was no water pressure). One valve was on, the other off.
Man, my clutch is really starting to slip.
I shut off the other one, and lo and behold, the water pressure in the bunkhouse was no more.
The toilet is so close to the wall, that I cannot get a wrench back there to removed the supply valve, so will have to remove toilet first.
OK, I am shaking the mud from my head as I continue on with the other projects.
The big one was hooking up the outdoor speakers I installed a couple months ago…remember that post? The damn bees chased my ass all around the patio to the point I wanted nothing to do with that shit for several weeks.
I had drilled a 1/8″ hole in the outside wall into the closet where the TV and amp are. As you may recall, I used 6 conductor telephone wire, solid, probably 22 AWG…bad idea in more than one way. I shoulda just run zip cord for all of it, but I didn’t have a 3/4″ bit that was 12″ long to pull through the wall.
After splicing the tiny solid telephone wire to the two zip cords inside the closet, I snaked it around to the amp through another wall, and cut, peeled, and stripped the wire and installed it to the amp.
Ready to go, right? Wrong.
The wife was outside as I turned on the Chicago Transit Authority, and only one speaker worked. Damn!
I switched them at the amp, and the right speaker was the only one working…telling me that there is a bad connection somewhere..Great, check the splices first. The one in the closet was OK with a visual inspection.
I checked the back of the non working speaker…it was connected OK.
The next place was behind the other speaker, where I to cut the wires, and splice the pair to the other speaker…I used some of those crimp splices that one slides the wires into, than mashes a button to close crimps on the wires inside the splicer.
I took my cutters and cut the red wire where it spliced and the wife yelled saying that the speaker came on just for a second, telling me that I had indeed found the problem as my cutters created a momentary bridge across the bad connection; enough to power the speaker.
All fixed and running. It sounds great, and cranks up really loud, as I did run the rest of disc 2 from CTA.
A couple other minor tasks, and I was done for the day.
Something weird though; I began having flashes like a laser light in my peripheral vision intermittently. It lasted all evening, and I still had it this morning.
My BS was 133, not good but not dangerous in the least, and my BP was 104/70 so again in the safe zone.
I thought it stress related given the impending invasion of the outlaws on Sunday. I haven’t had a kick in the head, so rule out trauma.
I did mange to bbq my hot wings as we jammed on the patio with the new sound.
They came out very good. I added 3-4 large sliced jalepeno peppers to the marinade and it added a very noticeable ‘kick’ the way I like them. Some of the wings had several jalepeno seeds on them. Nice. It was a 5 lb bag. Mine all mine.